Uniserve Communications is growing and we're looking for a full-time Accounts Receivable Clerk for our Vancouver office. We provide the latest technologies in digital phone, high speed internet and data co-location services. Pride is taken in giving our business and residential customers the most personalized care possible. At Uniserve, you have the chance to work together with a great team of dedicated people who have a high level of responsibility in an exciting and challenging business.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk ensures that the organization receives payment for services offered or goods sold to clients. This typically involves sending bill reminders and statements to clients, posting financial transactions to an accounting system and making bank deposits. They perform day-to-day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data.
The employee thrives in a fast-paced environment, has the ability to multi-task and adapts easily to change. They are familiar with all accounting procedures and can manage daily financial transactions end-to-end.
Tasks and Responsibilties
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, cheques, and credit card transactions
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoice
- Maintains records by scanning invoices, debits, and credits
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, promotions, customer service departments and from customers
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing reports
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Accomplishes accounting and organization’s mission by completing related results as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- 2-3 years proven working experience as an accounts receivable clerk, accounts receivable manager or accountant providing advice for write-offs; escalating outstanding receivables to a third party (collection agency)
- Ability to use 10-key calculator for a variety of accounting functions
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a aptitude for numbers
- Hands-on experience in using spreadsheets (and other MS Office software)
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
- Customer service centric focus and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with Quickbooks, Simply Accounting and/or ConnectWise is an asset
Benefits and Perks
- Group Benefits Plan
- Work-life harmony supported
- Free monthly parking or transit subsidy
- Discounted internet and VOIP services
- On-site fitness facility membership subsidy
- Employee social activities each month
- Career growth and opportunities
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interviewed.