Glenbriar Technologies Inc. provides Canadian businesses with optimal integrated information technology solutions to cost-effectively and strategically streamline operations, enhance client relationships, and boost long-term productivity and profitability.
Since 1992, Glenbriar has consistently offered a winning combination of technology products, services and support solutions from its offices in Calgary, Vancouver, and Waterloo. Our over 300 clients, many of whom have been with us since the start, include successful enterprises in the fields of manufacturing, distribution, energy, health, education, retail, dealerships, professional services and real estate.
In recent years, Glenbriar has increased its investment in research and development, creating a proprietary line of software products that enable the company to leverage cross-selling opportunities within our established and future client base, thereby adding value and maximizing growth potential.
Duties and responsibilities
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and in-house operational needs.
- Help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding systems infrastructure
- Maintain and migrate customer email platform
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Ensure deployed software packages are updated and secure
- Monitoring systems for uptime, security and availability.
- Perform P2V and V2V systems migration.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Provide Tier 2/3 Technical support per request from various constituencies.
- Investigate and troubleshoot systems related issues.
- Develop and maintain system documentation and procedures
- Participate in on-call pager rotation
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Must have at least 2 years post-secondary education in Network/IT/computers;
- Microsoft Certification (MCSA or MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs.
- Vmware or HyperV Certified Professional or equivalent certification in relevant programs.
- 4-6 Years Linux and Windows System Administration experience.
- LDAP, Active Directory, Radius, DHCP, DNS.
- Cloud/Virtualization: VMWare, Hyper-V, P2V migration.
- Large Scale Email Deployments: IMAP, POP3, Exim, Cyrus, Perdition.
- Monitoring: SNMP, Nagios, Cacti, RRD/MRTG, Netflow.
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows Server.
- Storage: iSCSI, CIFS, NFS, Fibre Channel, RAID.
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV
- Must have good documentation and English skills
- Must have a vehicle, valid driver’s license and clean driver's abstract
Benefits and Perks
- Group Benefits Plan
- Work-life harmony supported
- Career growth and opportunities
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interviewed.