For over 25 years Uniserve has been bringing innovative tech solutions to customers across Canada. Based in Vancouver BC, we provide smart, reliable services for home and business customers. We offer the latest technologies in digital phone service, high speed internet services, managed services, co-location/data centre and web hosting.
We are an independent company, and we take pride in giving you the most personalized service possible.
The Network Administrator position covers all aspects of Uniserve Communications business operations, and is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
The candidate will be responsible for network to design, implement, maintain, and support our growing network infrastructure. You will be part of a systems engineering team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
Uniserve Communication’s success is driven by strong Customer service and innovative approach to solutions which couldn’t be possible without a commitment to team work.
- Monitoring network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Configuration, provisioning and deploy designed network solutions from build to deployment within IP Routing, MPLS / BGP environment.
- Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Become familiar with client network, organizational structure, processes and procedures to ensure network is available and sustainable.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Strong background in providing implementation and technical support of networking products in an ISP Environment
- Detailed technical experience in the design, installation and operation high-end IP routers and Ethernet switches
- Cisco and Juniper CCIE, JNCIS certifications
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, PPPoE, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model working in a WAN environment.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tool
- University degree in Computer Science or a related subject
No out of country Resumes will be reviewed: